The book HYDROLOGICAL DROUGHT – Processes and Estimation Methods for Streamflow and Groundwater, edited by Lena M. Tallaksen and Henny A.J. van Lanen, Published by Elsevier (2004) is now freely available.
Single chapters are downloadable from the following links.
IMPORTANT: not all chapters are already available, but we will publish as soon as possible.
- Brief Contents
- Contents CD
- List of Worked Examples, Self-guided Tours and Case Studies
- Abbreviations, Symbols and Catchment Descriptors
- Part I: Drought as a Natural Hazard (ONLY cover)
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Hydroclimatology
- Chapter 3: Flow Generating Processes
- Part II: Estimation methods (ONLY cover)
- Chapter 4: Hydrological Data
- Chapter 5: Hydrological Drought Characteristics
- Chapter 6: Frequency Analysis
- Chapter 7: Time Series Modelling – Awaiting the approval of co-authors
- Chapter 8: Regionalization Procedures
- Part III: Human Influences, Ecological and Operational Aspects (ONLY cover)
- Chapter 9: Human Influences
- Chapter 10: Stream Ecology and Flow Management
- Chapter 11: Operational Hydrology
- Chapter 12: Outlook
- Appendix 2.1: Köppen’s Climate Classification
- Appendix 3.1: Water Balance and Catchment Domains
- Appendix 6.1: Probability Distributions
- Appendix 6.2: L-Moment Estimators
From the following links it is possible to download parts of the book, including several chapters.
- General information<!->
- Part I: Drought as a Natural Hazard
- Part II: Estimation methods (Not including Chapter 7)
- Part III: Human Influences, Ecological and Operational Aspects (Not including Chapter 10)
We would be happy to receive feedback from people who downloaded the book by filling in a simple form.